Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist
I approach therapy with warmth, humor, curiosity, and grace. As a recipient of God’s unending grace, I strive to create a safe, non-judgmental space where people of all walks of life are welcome. I believe therapy is a creative and collaborative partnership where healing can take place. I recognize that not one size fits all and tailor treatment to each individual. I believe that healing occurs in the context of a safe and trusting relationship, both in the therapy setting and in our primary relationships. I take a strengths-based approach. Instead of focusing on behavior or symptoms, I look at how your choices helped you survive in the past and together, we explore what changes you can make to create healthy ways to thrive in the future.
Areas of Interest: Depression, anxiety, trauma, couples counseling, family therapy. Working with individuals 16 and older.
Education & Experience:
- Master of Arts in Counseling Psychology from Bethel College, Certification in Marriage and Family Therapy from St. Cloud State University
- I have worked in school-based, in-home, and outpatient settings. 24+ years of experience
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist in the state of Minnesota
- Approved Supervisor for Marriage and Family Therapists and Licensed Professional Clinical Counselors in MN
- Level II Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) Therapist
- Certified in Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT)